Thursday, August 25, 2005

feels like burning

hi my name is nathan and i am addicted to magazines. more magazines that i can faithfully read. i suppose it all started when i was younger. my doctor, dentist, and supermarket checkout lines tempted me all too often. towards the end of middle school is when i really started to use magazines too much. i think at that time i was subscribed to gamepro, rolling stone magazine, cmj magazine, beckett baseball monthly, sports illustrated for kids, and eastbay - that was more of a catalog though, but those bastards pushed their stuff on you monthly so it might as well be a magazine. oh and then pensacola had to get a books amillion with an entire 300 foot wall devoted to magazines!! things started to spiral outta control when i was sleeping in class b/c i had stayed up for hours in bed the previous night reading interviews with gavin rossdale and dave matthews. i was slipping into a blackhole of subscription cards! it got so addictive that i had to carry them to school and sneak peaks between classes. i am now at a point in my life where i am tired of finding subscription cards all wrinkled up in ball when i pull my clothes from the dryer. i am sick of magazines piling up on my bedroom floor, in my bathroom, on the kitchen table, and in my car. as of right now i am getting: rolling stone (STILL), premiere, espn magazine, interview, esquire, rockpile, and some 2 or 3 others that are blank in my mind right now. over the next few months as subscription periods come around for renewal, i am going to politely rip them up into a millions pieces and them put them through my paper shredder. all but a golden 2 - rolling stone bc its like an arm to me and premiere bc its solely based around a huge interest of mine - film. so thats only 2 and i think i can faithfully keep up with those. i may and another new one though. 'paste magazine' its just too damn good. thank you for your listening to my story. my name is nathan and i am a magazine addict.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Rolling Stone is too mainstream. But if you like Britney Spears and Good Charlotte, then I guess it should float your boat.

8/25/2005 7:38 AM  
Blogger Nathanfooism said...

i wouldnt say their too manistream. they do a pretty decent job at covering everything. as for those 2 kiddy pop icons, you know i like neither.

8/25/2005 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home