Thursday, September 08, 2005

Blockbuster is a bust!


I've grown to really dislike blockbuster. They never have the movies in I want and it seems they can never figure out what kind of program to stick with. With the no late fees program now you really cant get the movie you want. Video games is a whole other ballgame. No late fees just gives people justification for being the bastards they are to start with. If you cant be responsible and return a movie on time then maybe you shouldn't rent them. The whole idea of having a due time is so other people can enjoy the film as well in a timely fashion. Enter netflix! I joined this program a week ago and now im kicking myself wondering why I didn't do it a long time ago. The site itself just kicks ass. All movies are networked like imdb. There is even a little movie info option you can enable in your settings to where you can place your cursor over a movie and a bubble pops up showing you a brief description and cast so you don't have to blindly click every movie you want to look at. There are 35 netflix warehouses across the USA so that you can get them very quickly. I really lucked out bc the one closest to me is in panama city. So when the movie is shipped off, it gets to me the very next day. For 14.99 a month I can keep 2 movies out at a time with unlimited rentals every month. I've rented 4 movies already in one week and made more than my moneys worth back. The selection is enormous and I have yet to run into a film I could not find or wasn't available immediately. If your wondering who pays for the shipping, netflix does - both ways. Its a program you just cant beat. This has to be killing the mega giant blockbuster. I don't plan on ever going back to one. Who wants to deal with all the hassle. I live in the "I want it now" age...everything must be instant gratification or its crap. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Are you trying to sell me something here??

9/08/2005 2:47 PM  
Blogger zachary said...

so uh, yea, blockbuster sucks.

4/29/2006 7:29 PM  
Blogger amy boras said...

netflix rocks!

5/30/2006 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home